Home > Categories > Computer Hardware > Removable Storage Devices > Extreme III CompactFlash review
• Designed to meet the critical speed and performance needs of serious professional photographers-lets you quickly capture, view, upload and transfer large image files
• Ideal for demanding photo shoots under severe weather conditions-heat, cold, wind, rain, snow, etc.
• Built to perform in the most extreme environments and temperatures from -25oC to 85oC
• Min 20MB/second** sequential read and write
• Durable, reliable and thoroughly tested-temperature tested (heat and cold); shock and vibration tested (industrial-grade RTV included for CompactFlash)
• Data recovery software ensures your photos will always be there (even if you delete them accidentally)
• Dedicated, priority technical support hotline for direct customers of SanDisk Extreme products
• Included travel case keeps your memory cards organized
• Lifetime limited warranty***
**Based on SanDisk internal testing
Note: 1 megabyte (MB) = 1 million bytes; 1 gigabyte (GB) = 1 billion bytes. Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions, and thus is not available for data storage.
After trialing the Pretec CF+ Card 6GB High Speed Type II 80x, I wasn't too keen on dropping down in card size, but was curious about this supposedly extra fast card. So into the Nikon D70 it went, and off I headed to give it a decent test run. It wasn't long before I discovered just where this card comes into its own!! Being very much into wildlife photography, I have found it frustrating every now and then when my camera's buffer doesn't empty fast enough when I'm trying to get action shots of animals, and therefore end up missing several shots. With the SanDisk Extreme III CompactFlash, the buffer was emptying pretty much as fast as I could click the shutter, which meant I ended up with a lot more shots that I was happy with- definitely a BIG plus for me!! Next was the test as to whether it was any faster downloading onto the computer than the other cards I was used to. Again, I found the speed of this task considerably improved, another bonus if you're in a hurry to download so you can carry on shooting.
Overall, if this card came in a bigger capacity, it would be the closest thing to the "perfect card" that I've come across yet. If you're into any kind of photography where your subject is likely to move about, then this is the ideal card to have a few of!!!
Random listing from 'Computer Hardware'...
Designed for performance enthusiasts and anyone who simply wants to get more out of their system, Crucial Ballistix Sport performance memory helps you do just that. Give your processor the resources it needs to perform and make your computer faster and more responsive.
Make your system go Ballistix.
Memory is fun ... more...
All trademarks, images and copyrights on this site are owned by their respective companies.
KIWIreviews is an independent entity, part of the Knock Out News Group. This is a free public forum presenting user opinions on selected products, and as such the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinion of kiwireviews.nz and are protected under New Zealand law by the "Honest Opinion" clause of the Defamation Act of 1992. KIWIreviews accepts no liability for statements made on this site, on the premise that they have been submitted as the true and honest opinions of the individual posters. In most cases, prices and dates stated are approximate and should be considered as only guidelines.
"How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?"