Hot on the heels of The Offspring's 'Greatest Hits' album comes the 'Complete Music Video Collection', more than 2 hours of DVD showcasing all of the band's groundbreaking and often hilarious videos, from the early raw Epitaph clips through to the group's new single, 'Can't Repeat.'
The Offspring's patented blend of rapid-fire musicianship, pulsing chords, unforgettable hooks, youth culture angst, and deadpan wit can be seen and heard in videos for tracks like 'Come Out And Play (Keep 'Em Separated),' 'Self Esteem,' 'Gotta Get Away,' 'All I Want,' 'Gone Away,' 'Pretty Fly (For A White Guy),' 'Why Don't You Get A Job,' 'The Kids Aren't Alright,' 'She's Got Issues,' 'Original Prankster,' and 'Hit That,' among others.
When the punk rockers first emerged from The OC in the early 90s, they did so with such panache and fire that they managed to stay relevant and successful to this day. Their 'Greatest Hits' album has stormed the charts, and now their DVD looks set to follow suit.
As an additional bonus for fans, The Offspring's 'Complete Music Video Collection' includes the band-produced video rarities, 'Da Hui' and 'Cool To Hate.' Also included on the DVD are a wry audio commentary on the videos from Dexter Holland and Noodles; a selection of live television performances; and a segment called 'Guy Cohen: Where Is He Now?,' which is Dexter's penetrating interview with the actor from 'Pretty Fly (For A White Guy).'
• Come Out And Play (Explicit Video)
• Self Esteem (Explicit Video)
• Gotta Get Away (Explicit Video)
• All I Want (Explicit Video)
• Gone Away (Explicit Video)
• The Meaning Of Life (Explicit Video)
• I Choose (Explicit Video)
• Pretty Fly (For A White Guy) (Explicit Video)
• Why Don't You Get A Job? (Explicit Video)
• The Kids Aren't Alright (Explicit Video)
• She's Got Issues (Explicit Video)
• Original Prankster (Explicit Video)
• Want You Bad (Explicit Video)
• Defy You (Explicit Video)
• Hit That (Explicit Video)
• (Can't Get My) Head Around You (Explicit Video)
• Can't Repeat (Explicit Video)
• Da Hui (Paul Cobb Video)
• Cool To Hate (Paul Cobb Video - Explicit)
• Self Esteem (Live Misc. Video From Vegas Special)
• All I Want (Live Misc. Video From Vegas Special)
• Pretty Fly (For A White Guy) (Live Misc. Video From Vegas Special)
• Why Don't You Get A Job? (Live Misc. Video From Vegas Special)
• Long Way Home (Live From Cd:uk)
• Hit That (Live From Cd:uk)
• Gotta Get Away (Live Video Version)
• Worst Hangover Ever (Live From Cd:uk)
• Come Out And Play (Live From Cd:uk)
• (Can't Get My) Head Around You (Live From Cd:uk)
• The Kids Aren't Alright (Live From American Tour)
• The Making Of Da Hui (Video)
• Guy Cohen: Where Is He Now? (Video)
• Storyboard Gallery (Dvd Menu Option)
• Band Video Commentary (Video)
• Dexter / Greg 1983-88 Rehearsal Clips (Video)
• Get It Right (London 1993 Live Footage)
• Hit That (Japanese Marching Band)
Having been a fan of the band ever since I first heard "Come out and Play", this was a real treat! Not only does it contain ALL of their greatest hits, but you get the videos too. My favourite video would have to be "Hit That" just because the dog is hilarious.
With all of the extra stuff (interviews, overseas versions, behind-the-scenes mini-docos etc) this is a great addition to any music video collection. If you claim to be a fan and don't already have this in your collection... well... you might want to go and get it before anyone finds out you're not up with the play. :^D
Random listing from 'Music'...
Forget the year of the Monkey, 2004 is the year of the Mouse...
Weird, wonderful and completely compelling, Modest Mouse epitomise everything that has been - and ever will be - special about indie rock. Formed in 1994 in Issaquah, Washington, Modest Mouse forged their own ingenious, unconventional and easily-recognisable sound early on ... more...
All trademarks, images and copyrights on this site are owned by their respective companies.
KIWIreviews is an independent entity, part of the Knock Out News Group. This is a free public forum presenting user opinions on selected products, and as such the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinion of kiwireviews.nz and are protected under New Zealand law by the "Honest Opinion" clause of the Defamation Act of 1992. KIWIreviews accepts no liability for statements made on this site, on the premise that they have been submitted as the true and honest opinions of the individual posters. In most cases, prices and dates stated are approximate and should be considered as only guidelines.
"Next to being shot at and missed, nothing is really quite as satisfying as an income tax refund."
F. J. Raymond