Home > Categories > Computer Hardware > Keyboard/Mice Packs > Cordless Desktop MX 3000 Laser review
Enjoy cordless freedom and laser performance. The Cordless Desktop MX3000 Laser offers unmatched precision and comfort on surfaces where ordinary optical mice can't go. SecureConnect wireless technology and extended battery life add the finishing touches to a desktop that will make using your computer more personal and more exciting.
• Enjoy world-class comfort featuring a Zero-Degree Tilt keyboard design.
• Experience powerful two-handed navigation. With scroll and zoom controls on both keyboard and mouse, your right and left hands can work together to make using your computer more convenient, more efficient, and more comfortable. For example, you can zoom into an image with one hand, while simultaneously scrolling with the other in any direction.
• Bring your music, photos and videos together in a single interface with Logitech Media Life software
• Know when it's time to replace your batteries. Sophisticated battery management technologies mean that your batteries will last up to 6 months. The keyboard and mouse both include convenient LED battery level indicators that give approximately ten days notice before your batteries need changing.
• Enjoy horizontal and vertical scrolling and full zoom control. Use the forward/back buttons to quickly browse web sites and large documents, or customize the controls to fit your needs.
• Use everything right out of the box without any worry or hassle. With Logitech's new SecureConnect technology, your wireless keyboard and mouse have been pre-connected to the receiver, providing a secure link with your computer.
• PC with Pentium processor or compatible
• Windows 98, 2000, ME or XP (XP required for Logitech Media Life software)
• 1 USB port or 2 PS/2 ports
• CD-ROM drive
• Logitech MX 3000 cordless keyboard
• Logitech MX 600 cordless laser mouse
• USB / PS/2 RF receiver with 3 LEDs
• Detachable palm rest
• 4 AA alkaline batteries
• CD with software, comfort guidelines and help center
• Logitech Media Life software
• Quick Start Guide
• USB to PS/2 adapter
• Five-year limited hardware warranty
Wow! I have used a lot of keyboards and mice in my time and many have been less than satisfactory, but this combo from Logitech has to be by far the most comfortable, versatile and easy to use and setup.
Unlike some of the many wireless kits I have used and setup in the past this is well and truely the easiest of them all to setup. Logitech's new SecureConnect technology makes this a breeze to do. Just plug in the receiver into your turned off PC, fire up your PC. If for some reason the keyboard and mouse can't be found, just press the connect button on the receiver and then press the connect button on the device that can't be found, it will be picked up instantly (as long as it's in range) and you're all done.
The Keyboard and Mouse can be used straight out of the box, but if you want access to all the fancy features on the keyboard and mouse then install the supplied software and you have a combo that can do pretty much everything you could want. One of the features I just love about the keyboard is the volume control dial it just seems more appropriate than the standard + and - buttons you get on most other multimedia keyboards. Another great feature is implementing the mouse scroll wheel on the keyboard as well as the mouse, plus the addition of horizontal scrolling on both the keyboard and the mouse as well.
Another great feature is the image zoom/reduce buttons (once again this is available on both mouse & keyboard). The enhanced Function Keys are an inclusion that I would never have thought I would ever use, but I find myself using this more and more often, and the inclusion of 4 programmable enhanced function keys just adds that much more flexibility.
The mouse is perfectly contoured to most average size hands, and is incredibiliy sensitive, so much so I had to dial down the pointer speed just to make it more user friendly. The reason for this increased sensitivity is due to the fact that this is a laser mouse and not one of your more average run of the mill optical mice that are so common these days. A laser mouse can be easily identified by the complete lack of a red LED on the underside of the mouse, a fact that can be a bit disconcerting the first time you fire it all up and you start to worry when you can't see that familiar red glow, and you think it's broken already . But once I figured this out (Hey it was my first exposure to a laser mouse) all was good.
So in summary the Logitech MX3000 Wireless Desktop is a definate in my book.
Random listing from 'Computer Hardware'...
Quick 21 ppm Print Speeds
Print speeds of up to 21 ppm and first print out time of less than 14 seconds means you'll spend more time printing and less time waiting.
Compact and Quiet
The SCX-3405FW is our most compact MFP yet. With a footprint of just 15.8" W x 11.5" D x 11.7" H, it'll fit ... more...
All trademarks, images and copyrights on this site are owned by their respective companies.
KIWIreviews is an independent entity, part of the Knock Out News Group. This is a free public forum presenting user opinions on selected products, and as such the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinion of kiwireviews.nz and are protected under New Zealand law by the "Honest Opinion" clause of the Defamation Act of 1992. KIWIreviews accepts no liability for statements made on this site, on the premise that they have been submitted as the true and honest opinions of the individual posters. In most cases, prices and dates stated are approximate and should be considered as only guidelines.
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."