Store, carry and transfer important files quickly in a convenient and reliable format. Smaller than a highlighter, the DataTraveler II helps break storage barriers and delivers a data transfer rate of up to 11 MB/sec read and up to 7 MB/sec write speed.
With its SecureTraveler security software for Windows ®-based systems, DataTraveler II protects your data from unauthorized access. Using password protection and private zone partitioning, guard your most important content - reports, presentations, pictures, spreadsheets and other valuable records. Customizable through Kingston's Co-Logo Program, it's also backed by a five-year warranty and Kingston's legendary service and support.
• Dimensions - 2.67" x 0.829" x 0.355" (67.7mm x 20.8mm x 9.0mm)
• Operating Temperature 0º to 60º C / 32º to 140º F
• Storage Temperature -20º - 85º C / -4º to 185º F
• Compatibility - Designed to Hi-Speed USB 2.0 specifications
• Fast - Data transfer rates of up to 11MB/sec. read and up to 7MB/sec write**
• Safeguarded - Includes SecureTraveler security software for Windows-based systems
• Convenient - pocket-sized for easy transportability
• Simple - Just plug and play into a USB port
• Guaranteed - Five-year warranty
• Customizable - Co-logo program available
Operating System Compatibility:
• Win98SE†, Win 2000, Win XP: File Transfer and Encryption
• Mac OS9.x and above: File Transfer only
• Linux Kernel 2.4 and above: File Transfer only
• Win NT, Win 95, Win 98, Win ME: Not Supported
** Speeds may vary according to host system hardware and software
† Drivers for Windows 98SE users available at http://www.kingston.com/support/downloads/usbdatatrav
It is always good when you get more than you planned for, and this unit is a great example. I'll start off with the speed tests. This site provided me with a standardised 160mb ZIP file to act as a transfer speed test. I was instructed to Read/Write the file 12 times, timing each, and use the average of them in the final calculation. The Read Time was an impressive 14.41 seconds, giving a speed of 11.103meg per second, which was very slightly higher than spec. Much more impressive for this unit was the Write Time which was 16.13 seconds, giving 9.926meg per second, almost 3m/s faster than spec. Capacity of 256mb is pretty tame, but the 1gig version looks to be a real boomer. But if 256mb will do you fine, you might want to consider paying the extra $35 and jumping for the Elite version with the better transfer speeds and the real-time AES encryption chip built in, as you get a lot more speed and security for your dollar. Big selling points for me of this, and any, Kingston product, are:
• The 5 year Warranty
• Ease of use in modern USB2-era PCs
• Security via the SecureTraveler application
• Sheer style and speed
About the only thing that could make this unit better and more appealing for me would be a range of case and LED colours, to match the range of neon system cases available.
Random listing from 'Computer Hardware'...
The Antec KUHLER H2O 920 provides maximum-performance liquid cooling for your CPU in a quick, easy-to-install package. Unlike traditional liquid cooling systems, this self-contained unit comes prefilled and requires zero maintenance. The dual 120 mm Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) fans and 3rd generation copper coldplate ensure quiet, efficient ... more...
All trademarks, images and copyrights on this site are owned by their respective companies.
KIWIreviews is an independent entity, part of the Knock Out News Group. This is a free public forum presenting user opinions on selected products, and as such the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinion of kiwireviews.nz and are protected under New Zealand law by the "Honest Opinion" clause of the Defamation Act of 1992. KIWIreviews accepts no liability for statements made on this site, on the premise that they have been submitted as the true and honest opinions of the individual posters. In most cases, prices and dates stated are approximate and should be considered as only guidelines.
" ? , !"