Defiance is the first multi-platform online 3rd person shooter which, in a ground-breaking entertainment experience, interconnects with a global television series on Syfy, cable's premier imagination based entertainment channel. The game is being developed by Trion Worlds for the PC, Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system.
In Defiance you will join a futuristic online open-world shooter where thousands of players scour a transformed Earth competing for alien technology. Hunt alone or with others as you improve your skills and level up unlocking powerful weapons that will help you survive the massive battles that await.
The creative forces behind Defiance have worked on the top online games of the past decade, including RIFT, Everquest, and Borderlands.
• An Adventure for the Masses - Lead the charge in huge co-op battles and fierce multiplayer conflicts across an immersive world.
• A Massive, Persistent World - Fully realized, persistent open world set in a futuristic San Francisco Bay Area, supporting tens of thousands of simultaneous live players. Fight for survival in a constantly evolving environment with regular content updates and dynamic events.
• Customize Your Character - Custom character creation, where you can play as a human or alien, modify your appearance, upgrade weapons, select different specializations, and choose your own progression within Defiance universe.
• Call to Arms - Level up and modify a wide variety of modern and alien tech weaponry.
• Transportation Evolved - Traverse terrain using a range of vehicles to explore the vast landscape transformed by alien technology.
• Change the Future - Impact television with your heroic adventures, and be impacted by events in the Defiance TV series.
When you get a game you don't expect to be waiting too long before getting into gameplay, five minutes at the most is what I would expect. When we popped this in it told us that it needed to download a patch, no worries, but after taking almost half an hour we were told that we needed to delete some saved things off our xbox in order to continue, so we kept trying. In the end we used our spare memory card, devoid of anything but my husbands profile and the game finally let us play, total wait time.... 4 hours! (This game needs 5003MB's worth of space)
The best aspect of this game is that whilst you can plod along doing missions, a lot of it is actually online multiplayer (so sorry folks but you MUST be an xbox Gold member or this game is a no-go), you can jump about between missions, play alongside fellow players and the world is lovely and open so tonnes of gameplay.
The weapons and armour are good however it could do with more options. When my husband first started playing Defiance he thought that it wasn't going to be a game that he could really get into and enjoy, nor would he have spent money on it. However now that he has gotten in a days worth of gameplay he is happy that he stuck with it, whilst there are still some things he's getting used to, overall he's really getting into it and it's a good fun game.
Despite the issues with getting it started, Defiance has ended up being a good game that will be replayed many a time.
Random listing from 'Games & Puzzles'...
Race to escape the feeding frenzy!
Escape the jaws of the piranhas!
It's a slippery race upstream while you try to get the other players hooked... and eaten! But watch out. Those hungry piranhas are ready to attack any which way they can!
Who will survive?
All trademarks, images and copyrights on this site are owned by their respective companies.
KIWIreviews is an independent entity, part of the Knock Out News Group. This is a free public forum presenting user opinions on selected products, and as such the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinion of kiwireviews.nz and are protected under New Zealand law by the "Honest Opinion" clause of the Defamation Act of 1992. KIWIreviews accepts no liability for statements made on this site, on the premise that they have been submitted as the true and honest opinions of the individual posters. In most cases, prices and dates stated are approximate and should be considered as only guidelines.
"Ever notice that 'what the hell' is always the right decision?"
Marilyn Monroe (1926 - 1962)