Batman and Robin return in LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes, the highly-anticipated sequel to the best-selling LEGO videogame of all time, which to date has sold more than 11 million units worldwide. This time the Dynamic Duo join forces with other famous DC super heroes including Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern to stop the notorious villains Lex Luthor and The Joker from destroying Gotham City. Batman fans of all ages will enjoy a new and original story filled with classic LEGO videogame action and humor as players fight to put the bad guys back behind bars.
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes complements the brand new, recently released LEGO Super Heroes: DC Universe toy collection. The line includes five construction sets, such as The Batcave and three buildable, detailed action figures.
• Experience an original LEGO adventure that has Batman and Robin teaming up with Superman to defend Gotham City from The Joker and Lex Luthor.
• Discover a new storyline that introduces a massive Gotham City hub full of fun exploration, collection and vehicles.
• Traverse Gotham City's open realm by walking, flying or unlocking and controlling a variety of cool vehicles including the Batmobile, Batwing and Batboat (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and PC)
• Experience for the first time in a LEGO videogame, talking LEGO minifigures.
• Master new suits and gadgets, such as Batman's Power Suit and Robin's Hazard Suit equipped with a Pressure Cannon that can absorb and dispense hazardous liquids.
• Collect 50 DC Comics characters, including The Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and many others.
• Flex your new super abilities and soar through the air with free-roaming flight, freeze and push objects with Super-Breath, and heat up and cut holes through objects with Heat Vision.
• Create unique super heroes with customizable characters.
• Play with friends and family using easy drop-in/drop-out co-op play that features dynamic split screen (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and PC)
I didn't grow up with a lot of the characters so playing the game can be interesting as I figure out who is on Batman's side and who is against him.
The characters take a bit of getting used to, but since they are supposed to be made out of Lego it is understandable that they look a bit square. There is a bit for most people, action and building or breaking as needed. Mr 3 often asks me to do some of the finer parts for him like the shooting and aiming. I was expecting it to be a bit easier than it is but I'm learning who is good and who is bad and how it all fits together.
I watched the kids trying to drive the various cars and it is great that if you go over the side of the cliff you just get picked up and put back on the road and if you crash into a tree then it breaks apart into lego blocks.
Next holidays I'm going to have to sit down with the kids and try and get through the whole game.
Random listing from 'Games & Puzzles'...
Batman and Robin return in LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes, the highly-anticipated sequel to the best-selling LEGO videogame of all time, which to date has sold more than 11 million units worldwide. This time the Dynamic Duo join forces with other famous DC super heroes including Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern to stop the notorious ... more...
All trademarks, images and copyrights on this site are owned by their respective companies.
KIWIreviews is an independent entity, part of the Knock Out News Group. This is a free public forum presenting user opinions on selected products, and as such the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinion of kiwireviews.nz and are protected under New Zealand law by the "Honest Opinion" clause of the Defamation Act of 1992. KIWIreviews accepts no liability for statements made on this site, on the premise that they have been submitted as the true and honest opinions of the individual posters. In most cases, prices and dates stated are approximate and should be considered as only guidelines.
"There's more to a person than the things they have done"
from 'Eastenders' TV show.