Kaspersky PURE gives you our ultimate protection for PCs. It's the security solution for all of your family's PCs, identities, passwords, documents, photos and more. In addition to our latest antivirus technologies, Kaspersky PURE delivers advanced protection and management features - including the ability to manage every PC in your home, via a single PC. It's our most comprehensive, easy-to-manage PC security ever.
Hybrid Protection... the power of the cloud plus the power of your PC
• Hybrid Protection combines Kaspersky's latest security technologies - running on your PC - plus the speed, efficiency and global security information delivered by the cloud. Kaspersky PURE 2.0 deals with threats faster and more effectively than ever before.
System Watcher... protection from unknown malware
• System Watcher monitors suspicious activities within applications and allows you to reverse system changes that have been made by malware. System Watcher analyses more events and uses information collected by other components, to provide improved detection of new, unknown threats.
File Advisor... instant information from the cloud
• By clicking 'Send reputation to KSN' (Kaspersky Security Network), you can get information on the reputation of any executable, application or script. Instantly receive information from the cloud about: filename, size, date created and last modified, threat rating, digital signature, geography, distribution, and more.
Home Network Control... easy management of multiple PCs
• Kaspersky PURE 2.0 includes Home Network Control - which allows you to manage and protect multiple PCs, via a single PC. Home Network Control enables you to run scans, updates and backup tasks; fix security issues; update security licenses; and even lets you remotely manage parental controls.
Password Manager... convenient and secure
• Simply remember one master password, and Kaspersky PURE 2.0 will take care of all your other passwords - generating strong passwords, encrypting account information and automatically logging you on to websites and applications.
Parental Controls... safer for your children
• Working from your own PC, Kaspersky PURE 2.0 lets you remotely monitor and/or limit your children's PC usage, online activities and communications. Kaspersky helps you to ensure they're safe and responsible online - even when you can't be by their side.
Backup and Restore... protect precious files
• Backup and restore features help you to protect your precious photos, music and financial documents - in the event of theft, loss or a hard drive crash. You can also encrypt your sensitive, personal information - so it's even more secure.
This piece of software is designed to protect you from viruses as well as while on the internet with their security tools. While this is all very well and good the only down side about using any security software is that it is up to the user as to how effective this is.
Some of the great features are to help save on bandwidth (if you have dial-up or even low data-cap, or even slow internet) and you have more than one computer, you can set one to be a master server so it will download the update and then it will distribute it out to the other copies therefore preserving your precious download allocation for something more important (like Facebook or your favorite thing).
The other features that are good are the parental controls, these are great if you wish to limit the access anyone on the computer can use right down to the the times they can use the computer even to the times they can use the computer but not the internet and let them use at certain times, even just set a daily usage. This means no more saying I only said you could use the computer or/and internet for 1hr. The only problem i find is that they only do this in the 1 hour lots (except for the daily usage section which will let you do minutes).
You can even block websites by group (i.e. Drugs, Illegal Software, those XXX sites and many more, you can even say block everything except for the ones you allow too. File downloads is another category that can be controlled and you can select the categories in there to allow or disallow however you can specify the type of file only like Music, Video, etc.
The good section for your youngins are the instant messaging and the social networking parts. here you can control which contacts can be messaged and the user can receive messages from. With the social media section, this works where it's a log, when the user sends or receives a message it is logged, from there you can go in and select to allow them to keep contact or deny them future contact with that contact. You can also control the private data where by disallowing specific private data from being sent, like Credit cards, home addresses and phone numbers.
Last but not least for the parental controls is the word usage where you can monitor the uses of specified words or combinations of words within messages and web forms too, allowing you to prevent your child/user being able to use them to create accounts with those words, etc. You can also allow backup and restores of your computer data to keep it safe as well, and in the computer protection area is where you can allow different types of scans from the shallow scans to your deep and malware scans as well.
All in all I love this software as I know it will keep me and my family safe from the internet dangers providing they keep that human error in check and don't just say allow the nasties in when doing the scans or going to places that might not have been thought of for blocking.
Random listing from 'Software'...
Why Choose Norton Internet Security 2011?
• Lets you email, chat and surf the web without worrying about cybercriminals ripping you off.
• Delivers the industry's fastest security suite for protection from online dangers without sacrificing ... more...
All trademarks, images and copyrights on this site are owned by their respective companies.
KIWIreviews is an independent entity, part of the Knock Out News Group. This is a free public forum presenting user opinions on selected products, and as such the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinion of kiwireviews.nz and are protected under New Zealand law by the "Honest Opinion" clause of the Defamation Act of 1992. KIWIreviews accepts no liability for statements made on this site, on the premise that they have been submitted as the true and honest opinions of the individual posters. In most cases, prices and dates stated are approximate and should be considered as only guidelines.
"I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?"